Jump to recipe
Oh my goodness you guys! This banana bread is just what I needed. We’ve had a bit of a cold snap here in Denver, with temps down below zero overnight. I swear, the smell of this banana bread will warm you up from the inside!
I’m particularly pleased with this recipe because it’s not grainy or dry, like gluten-free baked goods so often can be. In fact, it’s so moist it may fall apart on you. And it’s dairy free as well as free of refined sugars. I suppose I may have overdone it with the chocolate chips, but in my book these are good problems to have. I imagine you could always throw in some walnuts if that’s your thing, but the tweenager in our house vetoed them.
Be forewarned, I’m baking at 5000 feet. No telling how this recipe will perform for you at sea level. But I tell ya, it’s worth a shot!
Decadent Gluten Free Banana Bread
Decadent Gluten Free Banana Bread - a sweet, moist treat free of diary, gluten and refined sugar.
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/2 c coconut palm sugar
- 4 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 t plant milk
- 1 c oat flour
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/4 c flax meal
- 1/4 c tapioca flour
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 c (or less) stevia chocolate chips (or semisweet if you prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 350* and grease a loaf pan.
- Combine coconut oil and coconut palm sugar with an electric mixer until smooth (like you would blend butter and sugar in a traditional recipe).
- Add the bananas and blend on medium-high speed until fairly smooth.
- Mix in vanilla, plant milk and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (except for melted chocolate).
- Devour blissfully.
© 2023 Copyright © 2019 by Heather Vaughan. All rights reserved.