This is a basic recipe for low FODMAP chicken broth. I make my own, since there are no commercially available broths in my local grocery stores that are made without garlic and onion.
Low FODMAP Chicken Broth
This Chicken Broth is low FODMAP, free of garlic and onion
- 1 lb chicken bones or 1.5 lb chicken legs, skin removed
- 2-3 carrots cut into chunks
- 2 pieces celery cut into chunks
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp parsley or other fresh herbs
- 5 peppercorns
- ½ t salt
- Water to cover
- Combine all ingredients in an instant pot, or a stove pot. In the instant pot, pressure cook on high for 4 hours. On the stove, bring to a boil and simmer for 8 hours.
- Strain the broth from the veggies and bones, and store in glass jars in the refrigerator. Or save in 4 cup batches in freezer bags in the freezer.
Calories: 6kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 0.2g | Fat: 0.04g | Saturated Fat: 0.01g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 126mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2165IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.1mg