Oh my goodness you guys! This banana bread is just what I needed. We’ve had a bit of a cold snap here in Denver, with temps down below zero overnight. I swear, the smell of this banana bread will warm you up from the inside!
I’m particularly pleased with this recipe because it’s not grainy or dry, like gluten-free baked goods so often can be. In fact, it’s so moist it may fall apart on you. And it’s dairy-free as well as free of refined sugars. I suppose I may have overdone it with the chocolate chips, but in my book these are good problems to have. I imagine you could always throw in a cup of walnuts if that’s your thing, but the tweenager in our house vetoed them.
Be forewarned, I’m baking at 5000 feet. No telling how this recipe will perform for you at sea level. But I tell ya, it’s worth a shot!
Decadent Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 4 bananas 4 small bananas or 3 large
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup or less stevia chocolate chips (or semisweet if you prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 350* and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Combine the coconut oil and coconut palm sugar with an electric mixer until smooth (like you would blend butter and sugar in a traditional recipe).
- Add the bananas and blend on medium-high speed until only small lumps remain.
- Mix in the vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients: oat flour, almond flour, flax meal, tapioca flour and baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (except for melted chocolate).
- Cut into slices and devour blissfully.