This Mango Lime Lassi is smooth, creamy, and delicious. It’s sweet and tangy at the same time, a hit with Fresh Daddy and the Freshlings alike. And of course it’s loaded with all kinds of whole foods that are so good for them. It’s a great way to start your day.
If you’ve never had a lassi before, they are a delicious milkshake-like beverage served at Indian restaurants. Even if you don’t like Indian food, you will love this. Typically lassis have a yogurt base. But the best part of this smoothie is that this clean version is free of dairy and added sugar.
Mango Lime Lassi
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 4 oz coconut water
- 4 oz coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice approximately 1 freshly squeezed limes
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp hempseed
- 1 tsp ground flax
- Boost it: 1 large leaf of kale destemmed
- If you're using kale, place it in the blender with the coconut water and coconut milk and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. If not, just put the coconut milk and water into the blender and skip to the next step.
- Place remaining ingredients in the blender and combine until smooth.