Lately, this smoothie has been my favorite way to start my day. It’s loaded with raw veggie power in the form of kale, carrot and cucumber. It gets its healthy fats from smooth and creamy coconut milk. Omega 3s from hempseed and flax seed. A little boost of energy from the powdered maca. And the frozen pineapple gives it the sweetness and zing to smooth over any bitter edges.
The protein powder I use is pea based. If you have another protein powder you prefer, by all means go with that. I also use a little collagen powder in it as well. I’m working on repairing my gut at the moment. But if you want to keep this smoothie vegan/vegetarian, omit the collagen.
Drink Your Veggies Smoothie
Inject some nutrient dense veggies into your day, the tasty and painless way!
- 4 oz water
- 4 oz coconut milk
- 1/2 cup kale leaves destemmed
- 1/3 carrot or 2 baby carrots
- 1/4 cucumber
- ½ scoop protein powder
- 1 tsp hempseed
- 1 tsp ground flax
- 1 tsp collagen powder omit for vegetarian/ vegan
- 1 tsp maca
- 1/3 cup frozen pineapple
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and combine until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- If the smoothie is too runny, add a little more frozen pineapple. If the smoothie is too thick, add a little more water. If it's not sweet enough for your taste, add a few drops of stevia or a little maple syrup.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 689mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 6829IU | Vitamin C: 64mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 5mg